Saturday, April 30, 2011

Today's the Day.

Today's the day that I finally finish cleaning and reorganizing my room. I'm not off to the best of starts, as I just came out of my brother's room from watching him play video games the first time about forty-five minutes ago, and have yet to even go into my room. But tomorrow I have to go to work after church, and will probably be too exhausted to do anything about it then, so I'm going to take the next six hours to get this little menace knocked out. 

As a seamstress, I've always struggled with an organization plan with all my sewing supplies and things of that sort, and up until now I've kept everything in terribly disorganized totes. This presented itself as a problem the first time that I was struck by inspiration to create a dress. I pretty much tore all of my totes apart looking for the right supplies, making my father furious, and giving my room the illusion of a detonated fabric bomb. 

To relieve future frustration, this past Tuesday I went and bought some plastic drawer sets with varying drawer sizes to accommodate all of my various bits of clutter. I only bought two, but I think another one might be necessary.

Once my room's finished, I'm going to resume my sewing project that Ive been trying to work on for the last week or so. I'm using the halter version of Simplicity 2212, which, on first pass, had a few sizing issues, but I'll be making some modifications to it to which I think might actually turn out better than the original pattern.


Regardless, the time has come to get to work. Before and after pictures on both to come.

-Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment